Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Online Courses~ Student Reflections

I am currently a senior at Eddyville Charter School, taking the second year Spanish class online.   Coming from a class where the curriculum was taught by a teacher, was a tough transition, but now that I have settled into it, things are going well.  The material in the program merged well with what I had learned in my previous year of Spanish. The tests and final projects were not only challenging, but fun at the same time. Overall the program is good, and it was easy to pick up once I figured out the logistics of the class.

   I am a sophomore currently enrolled in two online courses for a second year Spanish and biology. I really enjoy taking online courses. I'm very involved in athletics and extracurricular activities and being able to get a class done on my own schedule and work on it at home is quite helpful and fulfilling. Being able to take online classes allows me to accelerate to the levels I should be learning at instead of learning something I already know. Taking a class individually has taught me to self-discipline. It has helped me learn that I need to get my work done at a steady rate so I can keep my grades up, I will need to know this skill as I advance to higher levels of learning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment